Thursday, June 17, 2010

Air-Vac against will, Liable for cost? Need to know Precedent?

I was in a plane crash while taking lessons, wasn%26#039;t seriously injured but local fire department showed up and tried calling in a helicopter to have me moved to a hospital. I explained that I was fine and normal transportation was sufficient but was told I had no choice in my care. I was transported to the hospital where I was told I was fine other than needing some staples for a cut I received, no X-Rays, CAT Scans or other things were done that would indicate that I should have been an emergency.



Later was told by the helicopter flight crew that I wasn%26#039;t going to be responsible for the expense since I refused service but after 2 years they are still ruining my credit and trying to charge me $9,000 for it plus the $900 for the ambulance to move me 1/2 mile to a place I didn%26#039;t want to go (helicopter).



Does anyone know of a Case Law where someone has won against this type of situation? It seems like there would have to be a precedent for the situation.



Air-Vac against will, Liable for cost? Need to know Precedent?

I AM NOT A LAWYER...



However, from what I understand medical personal only have the right to force you into care (by ground or air) if they deem you unable to make the decision on your own. The problems you will probably run into in court are 1) they%26#039;re more qualified medically than you are. 2) You did not put anything in writing that they took you by air against your request.



They have already ruined your credit, and they deserve some money. However, paying the total will not take the collection account off of your credit report, so pay what you (HONESTLY) think you should, and let them take you to court for the rest. If they win, they win...but if you truly think you were treated wrongly the judge will often see that. IF you can prove you were wronged take them to small claims, you can get a judgement for yourself that will make them take it off your credit report.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Financial crisis Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting