Thursday, June 17, 2010

How do you deal with the fear of getting fired when you are the only one working in a family?

I pretty much have only worked with family in a family owned business for most of my life. I was a pain but at least I knew they chances of getting fired were very slim. The company closed down over a year ago and I was out of work for 6 months.



I got an eleventh hour job offer right before my unemployment ran out, but we tapped every financial resource we had to survive. I cashed in 401-Ks and borrowed more against my house. We were already strapped when my wife stopped working to take care of the kids.



I have had a job in a larger company now and my boss wants me to be more aggressive but I am so afraid of stepping on toes and getting fired I have a hard time doing that.



I just don%26#039;t know what would happen if I lost my job (living in Michigan there aren%26#039;t many to go around) and tried to survive without losing my house and destroying my credit score.



How do you deal with the fear of getting fired when you are the only one working in a family?

if u loss ur job u will get other one stop being afraid..!! just face it..!!



How do you deal with the fear of getting fired when you are the only one working in a family?

Always keep your options open. Do small job hunts and stuff, try to keep yourself updated with what the companies available are looking out for and try to keep yourself relaxed. Most importantly , work hard, no one said its gonna be easy



How do you deal with the fear of getting fired when you are the only one working in a family?

I could write a book with the %26quot;rules you should live by%26quot; especially with a recession coming (although, in Michigan, you%26#039;ve been in a recession for years all ready).



It sounds to me like your current state of mind (don%26#039;t be aggressive so you don%26#039;t incur any risk) isn%26#039;t a bad place to be. You may not advance in your company (as your boss would like), but you at least maintain the status quo for your family. A lot of people do this, so don%26#039;t think it is unusual.



If you are stressed about finances, then the fundamental thing to do is increase income and reduce expenses. You may believe you are doing this, but you won%26#039;t know for sure unless you have a household budget and track your actual expenses against that budget. Also, if need be, your wife can work nights while you are home. I know that is a big (and unattractive) sacrifice, but it IS an option if you get desperate enough.



How do you deal with the fear of getting fired when you are the only one working in a family?

Keep looking for that job. How old are you? There%26#039;s always another option. If you have never thought of joining the military maybe it is about time. Its a steady job and it looks like you are a hard worker. If you have some kind of degree that will be easier. If not enlistment is probabley the best answer for a good steady job these days. To be honest........



I%26#039;m sorry about your situation and I hope and I will pray for you to find a steady one soon.



How do you deal with the fear of getting fired when you are the only one working in a family?

what will get you fired is a lack of aggressiveness over toes being stepped on.



You can always tone things down if you become TOO aggressive - and you will be told if you are being that way - BUT there is no remedy for not living up to the bosses expectations and not stepping up your game.



Show initiative if you want job security



How do you deal with the fear of getting fired when you are the only one working in a family?

To answer your question, you basically do two things if you fear being fired:



1. Up your worth to the company, so that the company does not want to get rid of you.



2. Take steps to find a new job if you fear for your job security.



1. If you boss wants you to be more %26quot;aggressive%26quot; (whatever that means), then be more aggressive. He probably has a lot of say in whether you remain employed or not. Hopefully he has this in writing somewhere (e-mails to you, job reviews, etc), so that if you do step on someone%26#039;s toes, your response is %26quot;I%26#039;m sorry. Im just carrying out my boss%26#039;s orders%26quot;.



2. If you fear for the stability of your job, then start looking at the want ads for jobs and careers that are more recession proof.



How do you deal with the fear of getting fired when you are the only one working in a family?

If your boss is wanting you to be more aggressive, why do you think that he would fire you for doing what he says? If I were you, I would go to your boss and tell him that you want to take his advice and ask him for suggestions about how to go about doing that? That way you know exactly what he%26#039;s looking for and you won%26#039;t %26#039;step on anyone%26#039;s toes%26#039;. He might be wanting you to have more confidence in your work and being more aggressive is how he phrased it.



How do you deal with the fear of getting fired when you are the only one working in a family?

Jobs come and go. Look for another one. You were looking for a job when you found this one.



How do you deal with the fear of getting fired when you are the only one working in a family?

You go into work and do the best job you can every day. You can be %26quot;more aggressive%26quot; without upsetting the apple cart. It%26#039;s the guy who is in control of your position who is telling you to step it up. That%26#039;s the person who would be guiding my performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Financial crisis Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting