Saturday, June 19, 2010

How can I get a civil judgment removed that was filed 90 days prior to Ch. 7 bankruptcy?

I%26#039;m hoping someone has some valuable advice. I received medical care without insurance back in 2001. I was hospitalized almost 2 wks, and incurred some serious debt. A civil judgment was filed on behalf of the hospital by an attorney in 2002. In 2003, I filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy and the original debt was included and discharged. Is there any way that I can get this removed from my credit report? Only one CRA is reporting it- TransUnion. I filed a dispute, but I%26#039;m wondering if there is some legal action that I should be pursuing? Any advice is appreciated.



How can I get a civil judgment removed that was filed 90 days prior to Ch. 7 bankruptcy?

your lawyer should have taken care of all that.



Pretty much all you have to do is forward your CH7 papers to the other credit agencies and tell them you filed for bankruptcy and they must remove it from their records.



How can I get a civil judgment removed that was filed 90 days prior to Ch. 7 bankruptcy?

There are a couple of ways:



1) Take a copy of the bankruptcy schedules that shows judgment debt to the creditor and get a release.



2) Send a copy of the schedule to the credit reporting agency and explain the debt was dismissed in the bankruptcy. They will change the status and it will no longer effect your credit score.



3) Take a copy of the schedule to the court that issued the judgment and ask them to show it to be discharged.



4) Contact your bankruptcy attorney and ask him to contact the creditor to get it released. He should do that as you hired him to get ride of the creditor in the first place.



I hope this helps....



How can I get a civil judgment removed that was filed 90 days prior to Ch. 7 bankruptcy?

Once the bankruptcy court discharges your debts (assuming that this judgment is listed on your bankruptcy and is discharged) the creditor must under the bankruptcy laws mark the debt as such.



Talk to your bankruptcy attorney - there may be a violation of the discharge.



How can I get a civil judgment removed that was filed 90 days prior to Ch. 7 bankruptcy?

Hi,



I used %26quot;Credit Solution%26quot; to settle my debt and avoid bankruptcyThey managed to reduce my debt up to 58%.It%26#039;s legitimate.I came across this company on NBC News Special Edition.Check it out here:



http://flingk.com/14iscxm7

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Financial crisis Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting