Thursday, June 17, 2010

Parasites on my computer?

I had a Trojan virus, adware, and a tracking cookie taken care of by Norton. The problem is that after that I still have 3836 parasites on my computer! Out of all these there are 3 types. It says Tracking Cookie, Adware, and potentially un-something. There%26#039;s something that says AdwareAlert on my computer. When I click on this it says register now. I went to it and it wanted a credit card or check. I don%26#039;t have either one. Can someone tell me how to get these parasites off? Also how can I prevent any that come in the future? Is it safe to be on the computer when you have parasites?



Parasites on my computer?

This really all depends on what type of parasites they are. Also, different programs call different types of malicious or potentially malicious software different things. A parasite may be considered a worm or just a tracking cookie. A tracking cookie can be harmless is the sense that it won%26#039;t wipe out your hard drive. Also, be weary of adware/spyware notifications, especially if they prompt you to enter billing information unless you know for certain that it%26#039;s coming from Norton or a trusted anti-virus program. There is a virus/worm out there that mimics an anti-virus program and informs you that you%26#039;re computer is infected when in fact it is infected with that very parasite.



I would check out www.antivirus.com and run a free online scan and see what it says. It%26#039;s free and quick and if it does indeed find something then it will give you a description of how to remove it and just how dangerous it may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Financial crisis Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting