Thursday, June 17, 2010

I work, but how many women out there actually stay in a marriage, just because they cant afford not

Ive been married 25 years, but if I could afford to, I would leave. My husband is not the man he was when I married him. I have grown to be more responsible, and he acts more like a child. I stay with him mostly not out of love, but more out of feeling sorry for him. I know he loves me, but I cant leave him feeling as though Id let him down. His check helps pay for the bills, but we are more llike friends than anything else anymore. My job to him is nothing. Ive been at my job for 12 years, but he makes fun of telemarketing, and says so what? Ive put alot of effort and work into my job, and Im good at what I do. He never gives me any credit. It hurts, but he doesnt understand. Its all his job, but he often threatens to quit, because he doesnt WANT to work anymore. I feel like Im sitting on a time bomb! I just wish I could make more money, or would be able to leave. I do the bills, and the finances, its not easy with someone that is not responsible, and doesnt care!



I work, but how many women out there actually stay in a marriage, just because they cant afford not to?

i know EXACTLY how you feel



there are MILLIONS of women doing the same thing you are. the trick is to be as comfortable as you possibly can be.. if you can get some education in the process and then do what you need to do. if nothing else, it will make you feel better knowing you can!!!



I work, but how many women out there actually stay in a marriage, just because they cant afford not to?

Many and more. I am sorry for you.



I work, but how many women out there actually stay in a marriage, just because they cant afford not to?

Hard to love someone that doesn%26#039;t value you.



Suggest communicating more. Give him ideas. Everyone seems to think that marriage is good if you put no effort into it. I wouldn%26#039;t love someone that made fun of my job and efforts. You can afford to leave...He just doesn%26#039;t know what he has.



Be realistic. Which is more important...money or happiness?



I gave up a rich husband ..gave it all up. Why? He didn%26#039;t give me love...and although I have much less. And I don%26#039;t live the glorious life that others were jealous of once...I am much happier.



You deserve what you dream about...who says you can%26#039;t afford happiness??????



I don%26#039;t.



I work, but how many women out there actually stay in a marriage, just because they cant afford not to?

Well, it%26#039;s a shame that after 12 yrs, your job cannot make you independent, without you husband.



Better to take on a 2nd job, part time, to do it, or, get some fiancial student aid, and go to school, find a career, graduate, get working, and divorce that jerk.



I hope whatever happens, you DO get more stable,money wise.



So many of us made the mistake in thinking we never would be on our own, so we never prepared.



But I did it, with a 1 yr old baby, so, believe me, u can too.



That was 15 yrs ago, for me, and I was scared to death, but I became a nurse and worked like hell, but it was sooo worth leaving the idiot. ( who is still an idiot to this day!)



Best of luck to ya.



I work, but how many women out there actually stay in a marriage, just because they cant afford not to?

They actually did a huge piece on 20/20 about this. More and more couples are staying together because one or both of them cannot afford to leave. Personally I think that is unhealthy. If you arent happy you should leave. Start saving a little paycheck to paycheck, or scale back on luxuries. He also shouldnt make you feel bad about your job. You DO NOT stay with someone because you feel sorry for them, you owe it to yourself, to experience love, and to be loved.



I work, but how many women out there actually stay in a marriage, just because they cant afford not to?

I think a lot of women are caught up in the can%26#039;t afford to leave situation.



Their self esteem gets so low they feel they can%26#039;t pick up and move on.....



Same goes for women in abusive relationships as well.



They constantly blame themselves for the %26quot;wrongs%26quot; and endure the abuse, and get so low they cannot walk away.



If this guy absolutely will not cooperate and change to meet you halfway, then maybe moving on is in order for you. There is another man out there that would treat you better and love you for who you are.



I don%26#039;t feel sorry for anyone who would constantly use me for their personal rug to wipe their shoes on day in day out.



Maybe he has become too comfortable and complacent over the years, and you NEED to have a SERIOUS wake up call with this guy....and then you will find out if he really loves you anymore or just along for the ride....



A loveless marriage is a terrible thing.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Financial crisis Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting