Saturday, June 19, 2010

Are my fears rational, how can I fix things?

My boyfriend and I are totally in love, live together and plan to get married in a couple years. Our thing is that we would like to get ourselves out of as much debt as possible and buy a house before getting married and starting a family.



We are careful to not get pregnant now, but our method still leaves a small chance that it could happen.



We would totally be happy and we are both old enough -26 and 31 to mentally handle it, but I start freaking out thinking about money and how we could ever afford a baby.



Right now we have a hard time paying our bills with just the two of us and both of our full time jobs.



We were really stupid in our pasts (esp me w/ credit cards) and racked up quite a bit of debt that we are now slowly but surely paying off.



It would be impossible to pay all of our bills on just his salary, let alone having another person to take care of!



What should I do to prepare in case it happens?



Are my fears rational, how can I fix things?

Unless you are wealthy, (which obviously you are not) there will always be the question of having enough money to raise a family. Kids are Expensive, no question about that!!!!



My husband and I were living comfortable and I had two miscarriages then my wonderful beautiful son Agustin was born in 2004. Companies fall, things happen next thing you know you are in debt to everyone and no way to get out. We are trying for our second child now, as time is a factor me at (43), finances you do what you have to do to take care of your family. You make allowances, etc. I am scared s---less but I know there is only one way left to go and that is up.



You will never be totally prepared for your child%26#039;s arrival, just make the best of it, and everything will fall into place.



Are my fears rational, how can I fix things?

I was in deep credit card debt and the only way I got out was to contact a debt consolidation company. They took all my bills, my salary and offered up payment plans to my creditors. Some of my creditors even lowered my interest rate. I paid the debt consolidation company 1/2 of what I used to pay on my credit cards. When I started this my credit score was below 550, I was in bad shape. Now four years later, I am debt free and my credit score is above 700. You will have to cut up you credit cards and live on cash, its hard but you can do it. Or, like me, I had a credit card that had not balance on it. I kept that for emergency reasons only. Its easy to rack those credit card bills up and hard to pay them down. I saved myself over $11,000 in interest by doing this. Now, I am very careful to make sure it doesn%26#039;t happen again.



Are my fears rational, how can I fix things?

duhhhh get on birth control! It does not take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Financial crisis Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting