Thursday, June 17, 2010

ODE to a Window Glass poem.........?

It happened to me the other day



as I entered the vaulted space



known as the Doctor%26#039;s Office.



There it was.....the pane of glass, separating we patients



from the formidable ladies on the other side.



Separated, I felt as if I had something



contagious......for that pane of glass



signified %26#039;don%26#039;t get too close%26#039;.



My heart skipped a beat,



or two or three.



But that glass was pretty.



Shiny, well polished and clean,



like a babies bottom



after Mom took care of things,



and I enjoyed seeing myself in the glass.



Then, heavens to Betsy, I noticed



a sign below the window. Penciled



nicely with fine printing, in the



darkest and boldest letters,



%26quot;Leave your name at the window%26quot;.



I flipped out. I took a spin out of reality.



I looked again, to make sure.



Yep, that is what it said,



and I began to reason inside,



%26quot;how can a window take my name?%26quot;



Do these windows know how to



write down my name?



Good little windows.



Bless their hearts.



Gotta give them credit ???



ODE to a Window Glass poem.........?

My doctor%26#039;s windows are frosted



and I can%26#039;t see the other side.



I did manage to peep in once



and that nurse was five feet wide!



I slid open the little window



and this is what she said;



You better close that little window



or I%26#039;ll shut it on your head!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Financial crisis Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting